Tuesday, August 18, 2009

PW Cover Illustration

I recently illustrated this cover for Philadelphia Weekly. The cover story is about Phil Berg, the first birther who started rallying other nuts to believe Obama was born in Kenya. I was trying to make Berg look as crazy as I think he is in the illustration. The Obamaa in the sunglasses refer to Berg's paranoia. I was trying to make it clear that I was not pro Berg. I went kind of comical with this cover but honestly people like Phil Berg scare the hell out me. I hope this country can really start making steps towards looking past race and religion but it's looks like a lot of people are trying harder than ever to keep that division there.


5 comments:

james flames said...

great illustration! nice color choices, and i like how you colored the outlines.

alex fine illustration said...

Thanks, I've been trying to expand my color palette lately based on the subject matter. I feel like this guy needed these colors.

Kim Herbst said...

Ahhh the colors you chose are perfect for this!! He came out so crazy-looking! I have to agree, people like that scare me as well!

hawk krall said...

love seeing your covers on the streets of philly.. the colors (especially this one) look really good printed, I can tell it's your cover from two blocks away

Anonymous said...

Make a move you prefer. Anxiety, regardless of whether in the form of anxiety and panic attacks or generic anxiety, can force you to forget about having fun. Getting out and de-straining by enjoying yourself is among the finest activities to do, so that you can start to chill out and feel better about lifestyle for a while. [url=http://www.x21w12w21.info]Biuyu656gy[/url]